This the discipline of knowing what happened in the past, and sometimes why it happened. In a world with powerful monsters and heroes, the past is an important key to the present and future.
Dig Up the Past
You can come up with the details of someone or something's past. Identifying and recognizing a [Legendary] creature, an important political figure such as the king or general of a large country, or historical details of a large city is done at the DCs given below. Identifying a significant, but less well-known individual or smaller city can be done at +2 DC. Identifying the past of a minor official or large town increases to +5 DC. An obscure individual or small town can be identified, but the DC is at a steep +7. DCs can be decreased at the GM's discretion if your character has some kind of local experience or knowledge.
- DC 10: You know the king and queen's names, and the names of their parents.
- DC 15: You know the locations of a general's major battles.
- DC 20: You know the wizard's favored spells – or, at least, the ones he's used in public.
- DC 25: You know what the king's secret adviser has been doing behind closed doors. Maybe even the rumored glimpses of a scaly, gem-studded hide. Alternatively, you know where to find the wizard's old and trusted apprentice.
- DC 30: You know the identity of the children who played a crucial part in the lich's transformation.
- DC 35: You can activate a legend lore effect on your target. This functions in all ways like the spell.