Medicine covers the anatomy and physiology of creatures, including methods of putting them back together. Attempting to treat someone with the Medicine skill requires spending the required period of time in relative safety. If the medic or the person being healed are successfully attacked and damaged during the medical procedure, the attempt automatically fails.
You can restore the health of a creature with 0 or more hit points with 8 hours of care and a successful DC 10 Medicine check. A successful check heals 2 points for each level the patient has. You can increase the amount healed or decrease the amount of time required by meeting a higher Medicine DC, as detailed below. At each 5-point increment, you can also choose to use both of the improvements available at the previous increment (so a DC 20 check enables you to heal 3× your patient's level in 4 hours).
- DC 15: Increase amount of healing to 3× patient's level, or reduce time required to 4 hours.
- DC 20: Increase amount of healing to 4× patient's level, or reduce time required to 2 hours.
- DC 25: Increase amount of healing to 5× patient's level, or reduce time required to 1 hour.
- DC 30: Increase amount of healing to 6× patient's level, or reduce time required to half an hour.
- DC 35: Increase amount of healing to 7× patient's level, or reduce time required to a single 5-minute rest.
- DC 40: Heal 8× patient's level, or reduce time required to a standard action for you and a move action for the patient (both actions must be spent in the same [Round]'s time, and you must spend your standard action first). You must be adjacent to your patient when you spend your standard action.
- DC 45: Use both of the DC 40 improvements.
Stabilizing Dying Creature
Revive Unconscious Creature
Remove Harmful Condition
You can remove a harmful condition affecting a patient with a successful Medicine check. The DC is equal to the save DC of the effect that inflicted the condition. The time required is based on the duration of the condition; a duration measured in [Rounds] requires a move and a standard action, a duration measured in minutes requires a minute of care, a duration measured in hours requires an hour of care, and a condition measured in days or longer requires eight hours of care.
Revive Dead Creature
You can revive a creature that has been [Dead] for no longer than 1 hour per level with an hour of effort and a successful DC 30 Medicine check. You can revive a creature that has been [Dead] for no longer than 1 day per level with an hour of effort and a successful DC 35 Medicine check. Creatures who have been [Dead] for longer than that can be revived at the GM's discretion, but the DC may be even higher. At the GM's discretion, creatures who met an especially gruesome end may leave corpses that are too damaged to revive with this skill.